Covid-19 Guidelines for GRRCC
- The health safety and welfare of our volunteers are our top priority during this health emergency.
- ADOPTIONS – GRRCC is not accepting applications to adopt at this time. The application page at this website is currently disabled, and you will receive an error message. Please wait to apply after this notice is taken down to submit applications. If you still want to volunteer to be a foster home, please send an email to: Info@GRRCC.com. With the wish that everyone stays healthy and to minimize the risk of spreading the Coronavirus COVID-19, GRRCC has reluctantly decided that accepting applications and conducting home visits are suspended at this time. This means that we will not be able to process applications for adoption approval. We will re-evaluate every few weeks, and will post a notice as soon as we are able to resume application processing and home visits.
We sincerely regret taking this action, but the health and well-being of every applicant who wants to adopt, and all of the volunteers who do so much for GRRCC, must be our priority right now. COVID-19 has also greatly affected our availability of dogs. Thank you very much for your understanding and especially your interest in adopting a dog from GRRCC. GRRCC Board of Directors
- PUBLIC EVENTS – GRRCC is suspending all public events such as Meet & Greet events until safe to meet in large groups.
- FOSTERS – GRRCC will continue to receive, review and approve Foster Applications. However, we will conduct “Virtual Home Visits vs. in-person home visits by Face-Time, Skype, Zoom or some other digital method both parties can manage virtually.” We will use our same home visit checklist.
- INTAKES – GRRCC will continue to work with shelters regarding any Golden Retriever needing help in their facility to ensure no Golden Retriever dies in a shelter. We will be vigilant about social distancing practices with the shelter. Owner surrenders will be addressed case by case with an eye towards protecting our volunteers.
These guidelines are subject to change based on current public safety and public health recommendations.